The perfect companion for lighthouse buffs, this comprehensible and
travel-friendly full-color field guide covers over 150 lighthouses on
the West Coast, including Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada!
centuries the lighthouses of the West Coast have played a key role in
the maritime history and lore of the nation. From majestic structures to
the smallest treasure, these beacons have guided ships safely for
countless years and endeared themselves to lighthouse fans everywhere.
This definitive handbook features beautiful full-color photographs,
highly regarded directions and contact information for each light, and
complete articles on every existing lighthouse on the West Coast!
This ultimate travel guide features:
- - stories of colorful keepers
- - true tales of daring rescues at sea
- - efforts undertaken for lighthouse preservation
- - then-and-now photographs
- - dates of establishment
- - tower height and accessibility
- - fun and surprising side-trips at each light
- - and so much more!
Author: Jeremy D'Entremont
Published: March 2016
Softcover. 5.5 x 1 x 7.8 inches , 416pgs